Marsyangdi River Rafting
Nepal government has recently opened Marsyangdi River for commercial rafting. The local tongue truly describes the Marsyangdi as 'raging river', and is the best white-water runs on the planets. The first class kayaking river, Marshyangdi, is steeper having continuous stretches of rapids with a magnificent mountain backdrop; Manaslus and Annapurnas ahead of us all the time. From the 'put in point', Ngadi, to the 'take out point', 'Bimalnagar' the Marsyangdi River is a solid white-water. There are numerous rapids, which are steep, technical and repeated those make the Marshyangdi a serious undertaking.
Only few rapids have been named such as Hasty Nare, Twinkie, Good Morning, Dom's Loss, Morphine, and Instant Karna. Many rapids have not been named yet.
The best season for Marsyang River trip is from mid March through mid May and October through mid November.
Day 01: An early overland departure to Besishahar is required; and we provide lunch in a tourist class restaurant on our way to Besishahar. We stop there in Besishahar and accommodate in tented camps. Nepalese supporting crewmembers serve hearty dinner in dinning tents.
Day 02: Soon after breakfast we commence trek together with supporting crewmembers to the village of Ngadi where we stop for lunch and the night.
Day 03: Just after breakfast, all-important safety briefing will be given by the rafting guide on a strenuous few hours’ rafting. We then put on and keep hold of essential equipment for the river trip. We then start the river adventure for about 3 hours and stop for lunch and after lunch we continue to Bhote Odar where we enjoy the night in tented camp. We construct campsites so that our valued guests can take shower, wash up and dry the things, put luggage inside the tents and then take rest. In an hour later we serve you with delicious dinner.
Day 04: By the same manner we start the day's river journey for 3 hours and stop for lunch around 12:30 at the Marsyangdi Hydrow Power Dam. We then travel by bus for some times and cross the Dam and resume raft until we reach at Paundi, the days campsite. We follow the same way in the campsite.
Day 05: We start the day's trip following same manner of the day before. This is the last day of your Marsyangdi river journey. After 3 hours of raft, we will have lunch in the beach of the river nearby Bimalnagar where the trip ends and then we drive back either to Pokhara or Kathmandu or Chitwan depending on your further programmes.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu as per the guests' requirement
- All meals; Continental breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Rafting guide, rescue team and kitchen staff
- Camping Gears; sleeping tents on twin sharing basis, toilet tent, and shower tent especially to change clothes. We provide single tents on request
- Kitchen things; complete set of kitchen utensils, kitchen tents, fuel, gas lamp, etc.
- Transportation; a private tourist coach to the 'put in point' and back from the 'take out point'
- All rafting equipment
- Sleeping bag
Cost does not Include
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal equipments
- Insurance; life insurance, travel insurance, health insurance, medical insurance, loss or damage
- Expense of personal nature
- Any extra expenses of unavoidable circumstances; road obstacle, landslide, political unrest, sickness, etc., which are beyond our control