Kaligandaki River Rafting
Rising from Upper Mustang, the Kaligandaki River derived from the name of Hindu goddess for destruction, Kali. The Kaligandaki is on the northern side of the Himalayan range. As the Kaligandaki tumbles down between the majestic Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna ranges, it forms one of the world's deepest river canyons. The recent damming of the lower portion of the river has left us with one of Nepal's premier medium-length river journeys; combining great white-water with some of the most beautiful scenery in Nepal; hardly ever-visited villages, rich wildlife, sandy beaches and sparkling waterfalls.
The rapids on the Kaligandaki are much more technical and continuous from beginning until hydro power dam-side, which will keep paddlers busy all of the day. Both skilled and novice rafters admire this diversity, which is difficult to find on any other 3-day river journey. Mid of March through May and October through November is the best season to raft on this river.
Some of well known rapids on this river are; small brother, big brother, wake and bake, good morning cobra and walk in the dark.
Day 01: As the adventure white-water trip 'put in point' of the Kaligandaki is situated in the area of Annapurna trekking region, it is more convenient to do this river-journey after trek if some of you are interested for trekking too. If not, after our drive to 'in put point' via Pokhara then Nayapul, kitchen staffs serve us with a hot lunch at the river beach whereas rafting guides and assistants make the rafts ready. Soon after lunch, the guide gives briefing on safety issue and then we put on and keep in hold the essential equipment. We should make sure once again whether we are well equipped because in a while of the day's journey we meet small brother, the biggest rapid of this river approaches with speed and immediate later another challenging rapid, Big brother. It is sincerely suggested to listen to the guide and follow his instruction while using paddle. After some grade III+ rapids, we will get off downstream and set up camp. We enjoy hearty dinner.
Day 02: Just after breakfast, we resume our river journey and after few minutes of rafting, we encounter the grade IV Morning Rapid before paddling down to the next camp facing other rapids. We enjoy panoramic views of the mountain and traditional country life on our way together with river adventure. At the end of this exhilarating day, another excellent campsite will be aside the river beach. We set up camp, wash up and shower before dinner. We enjoy the night with fire camp.
Day 03: By the same way we resume the day's journey just after breakfast. We watch the beautiful landscape as we paddle on the huge waves and rapids until the approach to the dam at Mirmeghat. We enjoy lunch just above the Mirmeghat and we then drive for Pokhara where we enjoy one night in a three star hotel, Kantipur Hotel, the best location of Lakeside.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu as per the guests' requirement
- All meals; Continental breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Rafting guide, rescue team and kitchen staff
- Camping Gears; sleeping tents on twin sharing basis, toilet tent, and shower tent especially to change clothes. We provide single tents on request
- Kitchen things; complete set of kitchen utensils, kitchen tents, fuel, gas lamp, etc.
- Transportation; a private tourist coach to the 'put in point' and back from the 'take out point'
- All rafting equipment
- Sleeping bag and comfortable mattress
- Hotel accommodation in Pokhara twin room sharing on bed and breakfast plan.
Cost does not Include
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal necessities
- Insurance; life insurance, travel insurance, health insurance, medical insurance, loss or damage
- Expense of personal nature
- Any extra expenses of unavoidable circumstances; road obstacle, landslide, political unrest, sickness, etc., which are beyond our control