Bhote Koshi River Rafting
The name of Bhotekoshi River has been derived from Bhot; 'Bhot' means Tibet and Koshi means 'River', the Nepalese old generation still call Tibet as 'Bhot'. The source of Bhotekoshi River is Himalayas and gushes from Tibet into Nepal through the breathtaking valleys and gorges. The frosty water of Bhotekoshi River mostly originating from Tibetan mountain Shisapangma 8013m flows violently to Nepal that changes it gushing-speed only in Barhabise then flows in Lamosangu Hydropower Dam.
The Bhote Koshi River offers an endless challenge and excitement to any rafters. This will be an ideal package either for veteran or beginner on river rafting. If you have never rafted before but want to get an experience, we suggest you to do only on the lower part, the first day of this river trip. Awesome scenery of the territory, gorges, formation of limestone and thrilling drops of river makes your adventure an ever memorable. Even experienced paddlers will agree that the Bhotekoshi is the ultimate experience on river raft.
The best time to raft on the Bhotekoshi is from the last week of February through end of May and from last week of September through November. The features of rapids on Bhotekoshi river are named - the Great Wall, the Water Paradise, Frog in a Blender, Water world of confusion, Gerbil in the plumbing and so on.
Day 01: An early morning departure is required to the 'put in point'. We take you by our private transport. While we arrive in 'put in point', our river guide gives the safety briefing. We then put on and keep hold of essential equipment before we start the river trip.
As we experience the real adventure of Bhotekoshi the next day, we will negotiate with grade III on the first day as an initiation exercise. On the first day we will also have the opportunity to do some cliff jumping into the river. A hot lunch is served around 13:00 on the river beach. After lunch, we head further journey for about 3 hours, and then we construct campsites so that our valued guests can take shower, wash up and dry the things, put luggage inside the tents and then take rest. In an hour later we serve you with hearty dinner.
Day 02: We enjoy breakfast at first and then make sure ourselves for the second day of adventure, which breaks at 12.30 for lunch. After lunch we will continue for the last part of rafting before our return overland journey.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu as per the guests' requirement
- All meals; Continental breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Rafting guide, rescue team and kitchen staff
- Camping Gears; sleeping tents on twin sharing basis, toilet tent, and shower tent especially to change clothes. We provide single tents on request
- Kitchen things; complete set of kitchen utensils, kitchen tents, fuel, gas lamp, etc.
- Transportation; a private tourist coach to the 'put in point' and back from the 'take out point'
- All rafting equipment
- Sleeping bag and comfortable mattresses
Cost does not Include
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal equipments
- Insurance; life insurance, travel insurance, health insurance, medical insurance, loss or damage
- Expense of personal nature
- Any extra expenses of unavoidable circumstances; road obstacle, landslide, political unrest, sickness, etc., which are beyond our control